PTI offers a complete line of equipment, facilities and accreditations to meet your worldwide EMC testing needs!
Electronics are used in products and systems today including home appliances, automobiles, airplanes, computers and complex military systems. The EMC regulations have grown over the last 60 years from United States Military Standards to world-wide requirements imposed by the Federal Communications Commission, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Industry Canada, European Union EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, Australia and New Zealand, Japan, China Taiwan and Korea. Professional Testing opened its doors in Austin some 28 years ago performing EMI testing. Today, PTI can perform testing to meet the growing demand of EMC requirements worldwide for Commercial, Military, Avionics, Medical, Integrated Circuits and Wireless products.
Common standards and markets PTI test include:
- 47 CFR Part 15 – FCC Requirements for Intentional (wireless) and Unintentional Radiators (digital devices)
- 47 CFR Part 18 – FCC Requirements for Industrial Scientific and Medical Products.
- ICES 003 – Industry Canada’s requirements for unintentional radiators (digital devices)
- Mil-Std-461 – US Military and Procurement Agencies requirements of Electrical Products
- RTCA DO-160 – The requirements for electrical products for use on aircrafts
- EN 55022 – Emissions measurements for Information Technology Equipment
- EN 55011 – Emissions measurements for Industrial Scientific and Industrial Equipment
- EN 61326-1 – Emissions and Immunity Testing requirements for Test Measurement and Control systems and products
- EN 55024 – Immunity Test requirements for Information Technology Equipment
- EN 60601-1-2 – EMC requirements for Medical Equipment
- EN 60945 – EMC requirements for Marine Equipment
- EN 15964 – Breath Alcohol Test Devices other than Single Use Devices
- EN 55014-1 – Electromagnetic compatibility – Requirements for household appliances, electric tools and similar
- EN 55032 – Electromagnetic compatibility of multimedia equipment – Emission requirements
- EN 55103-1 – Electromagnetic compatibility – Product family standard for audio, video, audio-visual and entertainment lighting control apparatus for professional use – Part 1: Emissions
- EN 55103-2 – Electromagnetic compatibility – Product family standard for audio, video, audio-visual and entertainment lighting control apparatus for professional use – Part 2: Immunity
- EN 61000-6-1 – Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 6-1: Generic standards – Immunity for residential, commercial and light-industrial environments
- EN 61000-6-2 – Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 6-2: Generic standards – Immunity for industrial environments
- EN 61000-6-3 – Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 6-3: Generic standards – Emission standard for residential, commercial and light-industrial environments
- EN 61000-6-4 – Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 6-4: Generic standards – Emission standard for industrial environments
- SAE J113 – Automotive EMC Requirements
Professional Testing can test and is accredited to the January 1st, 2016, requirements from Korea’s National Radio Research Agency (RRA) of KN 32 (CISPR 32) for Electromagnetic emissions for multimedia devices and KN 35 (CISPR 35 – pending final publication) electromagnetic immunity of multimedia devices.
Whether it’s conducted or radiated emissions, conducted or radiated immunity, surge, EFT burst, dips and power interruptions, PTI can perform!